Sunday, February 24, 2008

Solitude...

Imagine sitting in the office on a Sunday turning up to do some crap and to add some flavor you need to wait even after you complete the junk just because others are yet to complete theirs which make my junk a meaningful(?!) junk! That's precisely what I'm doing right now and before you say "Man... that sucks!" I'll tell you what I feel. "Enjoying solitude"... As weird as it sounds, it is a truth.

Lights are out in the entire building and glowing bright on the streets and the parking lot with none to use it (thanks to the US energy saving scheme :)) and the entire deserted building in its semi-lit beauty looks like a contemplating mind fighting between light and darkness!

Sitting in the break room (that's how a mini-cafeteria is called here) surrounded by darkness, magazines, deserted chairs and vending machines, my mind starts wandering in the dark, damp night letting me feel the midnight dew in the air-conditioned room. Through the streak of light that creeps through, I enter into the world of my own thinking about the souls that are on the other side of the globe thinking about me (perhaps) and my insignificantly significant life. The beautiful snaps this night could give me if I had a SLR with me, thoughts about my life and the way I lead it, my past memories and a flurry of other things keep flowing in my mind as though I'm actually witnessing them on a 70mm screen with Dolby surround (the speakers might be Bose too! :)). It was a matter of 30 minutes but 30 wonderful minutes of soliloquy that was worth the inconvenience.

After all, everything has a positive side and when we enjoy every moment in our life happiness wouldn't be a missing factor in it - ever!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Solitude is bliss afterall