Friday, July 4, 2008

What should I scribble?

Blogging at least to me, is about inspiration... I laugh at certain things, I'm moved by a few happenings, I have a million unanswered questions in me and all these enter into the world through the libran's window (ok chill... :))

But when gloomy feelings cloud your mind, they never let the light of clarity enter through their impervious layers. I was thinking of writing about quite a few topics over this week but everytime I get to this screen, and think of those topics, they sound like the most disinteresting topics to me and my mind immediately says "what crap are you trying to put up!"! Not that none of those incidents left any impact in me but just that my mind is too loaded to think about anything else.

Given the sense of purposelessness that is consuming the maximum processor ticks, the only thing I remember is the conversation I had with one of my good friends. He was trying to say he is dead already and living makes no sense to him; and I was trying to defend the system of life and death. But cutting out religion, philosophy, soul, jeevathma, re-births and a million other things that could possibly explain the system; is there an answer to the plain simple question - "what am I doing here?". I really doubt it. When you and the society around you is filled with mortality what sense could you possibly make? Did man invent money and develop material interests just to feel important, complicate and there by make things interesting? Is this like some game that we play to wade off time while waiting for the train? If I assume that re-births are not true and my life is going to end when I perish, does it make any real sense to be forced to play a game just so that I can wade time and wait for the end? Honestly, I don't have an answer...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Maapi, pretty philosophical ... appappo kadiya irukkarappo ippdi dhaan thonumo??
My philosophy is a simple ... just get on with things ... you dont like one, try for something else. Keep it competitive, keep it going!

Sometimes we think too hard on things, we might never find answer ... but question to ask is, whether the question is really relevant in the scheme of things

Smiles,
Vinayak

Agni said...

Ha ha ha :) Kadi nu illa maapla... Over philosophy mood vandhaa kashtam! :D Innaikki I was hoping to write a much light and funny topic... But could hardly get my pen to write it.

It's not about disliking IT or my work... It's always there :D But it's more about the purpose of my living! When that is under question, competition and continuity are out of the pic illaiyaa? :)

I accept the last part. No point in asking a question which you know nobody can answer! But just an outlet of my thoughts :) Kannu palicchu nu teriyumla!

Laxmi said...

Hey Yogaeshu….the blog is well written….well there’s nothing like Libran as such….when u talked about purposefulness…remember one thing we are all here due 2 some reason….which is destined …..Just keep doing your karmas….Just keep doing good….keep blogging….and inspire people….yes I also thought of putting up my thoughts…..Cheers macha..!!!

Lakshminarayanan S said...

'We are here to live this day, without retrospecting on yesterday and bothering too much about tomorrow', this is what my mind says...but then, my heart intervenes shooting the same old question which you are asking yourself...

Even I have no clue of 'Why am I here?' (to be precise, 'for what am I here?')...but one thing is for sure...we are gifted unlike millions of those who suffer and starve for basic necessities...

we may create history or end up like zillions of normal persons...whatever is in store for us, take life as it comes and enjoy the day :)...this is what my mind says to my heart when I contemplate too much on this (romba overaa pesitteno?)

Agni said...

Agreed SLN. We don't have any other practical choices do we? But history again is filled with Mortals... So many great men of the past are slowly forgotten and the best you can do is to reduce the rate at which you are gone from this earth! That's all :)