Wednesday, December 31, 2008

It's time for a renewal... :)

December 31... A day that has got the specialty that no other day (arguably) has - it is considered the moment we prepare ourselves for a renewal, a change, a new beginning... We make resolutions (that we most often break in the meantime ;)) and give serious thoughts about ourselves and what we expect out of the upcoming year. So this day definitely deserves a special note and when I just close my eyes and try to think what I expect from 2009, a few general and a lot of personal wishes haunted my mind and I'll try to summarize the wishes that I could share with everyone...

Peace:

Man has come far from this. But I at least wish the year has no terrorist attacks and that no human life is lost for the sake of establishing one's supremacy over the other.

A positive change in the Indian politics:

Elections are fast approaching... Let me hope that this year marks the beginning of the journey towards good; and let me pray and hope that the situation changes positively in my country.

Minimal hurt:

I wish I don't end up hurting anyone in anyway in 2009.

To be of help:

I hope I could be of help to as many as possible in any possible way - financial, emotional, personal and otherwise...

To focus more on my interests:

I hope I could spend some more time on my interests and shape up my skills for a better tomorrow.

To catch up with people:

I hope I can get back in touch with all the good souls I ever knew... Due to my inherent nature, I'm content with the feeling of someone being there for me; and at times, the other person might mistake this for indifference. Let me try to patch up these differences as much as I can.

To maintain a journal:

Writing a diary has always been my interest. But I never got into the habit... Perhaps I can do something about it this year...

Balance of work and personal life:

Of late, I'm improving on this one but let me hope I could bring in the clear demarcation this year...

Fitness and good health:

I'm no way close to a fitness freak and I still don't believe in looking at the calorie chart behind every food item. But in general, I feel I should bring my body to the right shape and I hope I could do something about it this year.

Enjoy my (possibly) last year of bachelorhood:

Even though there is absolutely nothing going on at this moment about my marriage, 2009 perhaps might be the last year of my life as a bachelor. 27 might be the magic number and if it is, then 2009 would be my last buddy! :D Whatever it is, why take chances? Let's enjoy 2009 and rock the place! :)

Wish you all a splendid New Year! :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you say you want to be helpful to other "financially"?? Here I come first to comment :D

Happy new year Maapi!!

Was just amazed to see most of your to-dos are mine as well. Especially the journal one ... read Richard Branson's "Losing my Virginity", an incredible autobiography. He could not have come up with one without maintaing a diary. We might not become another Branson, but what if we do!

Smiles,
Vinayak

Agni said...

Maapla... U gotta help me out for me to actually help others financially ;) :))

Wish you a happy new year too maapla!

Journal is like a record of time... Imagine if we have photos as well! Awesome thing to read through at any point of time.

Anonymous said...

Ahaa! I got 2 lenders here...

Why are you hurrying up for marriage so soon maaps ;)

Have a look at my resolutions also :)

Ramaa Iyer said...

Wow that's a super wishlist you have got there Yogs ;)

Hope you get to do all those things & much more..Have a fantastic year :)