Sunday, May 17, 2009

Hail Democracy!

Well... I'm not sure how to start this one, to be honest. I just couldn't digest the fact that India has chosen THE WORST party to the nation one more time. 60+ years of independence and the nation has moved from good to bad to worse; completely under the spell of this party; with the heights of its impotence reached on December 26th, 2008. No development whatsoever is possible under (pardon my language here) a bunch of old brats lead by an Italian!

I can keep writing pages and pages about this without any reduction in my irritation; but let me share a few points that are quite interesting and annoying.

1. Election malpractices reached a historic high this time; including rigging, bribing the voters and rejection of electoral rights for lame reasons. For instance, in Madurai (my home town), Tamilnadu; the polling % was 70+ when many of my friends and acquaintances didn't get to vote; and out of that Azhagiri (the corruption king's son) won by a margin of 2 lakh votes (the entire constituency has only 7 lakh voters). Further every home in Madurai was given 500 Rs per vote.

2. The polling % in Mumbai was in the lower 40s. Probable reason - Long weekend; and everyone planned trips to Goa and other nearby spots. In one simple sentence 'Shame on you Mumbaikers'. It's not sufficient to just talk and compose sentimental emails about blasts, insecurity and the loss of lives. What did you actually do to save your butt? Nothing! Even worse, Congress has won all the Mumbai constituencies; while the home minister shrugged his shoulders and told you that he has no idea about the nation's security.

3. I can't think of any improvements in the past 5 years; and in my view this was one of the worst Governments India ever saw. Corruption was at its peak; and in Tamilnadu alone thousands of crores were swallowed by MK and co.

4. Rahul Gandhi, except for his surname has no business whatsoever in Indian politics. IMHO there are a million other deserving youngsters fit to rule India better than him.

5. This is an illustration of how stupid the system of democracy can get. Reminds me of Hitler's lines in Mein Kampf where he says democracy will never allow a great person to raise up to power, purely because of the impedence mismatch between the brilliant few and the masses. This result just testfies every word of that sentence.

In a nutshell, I sincerely hope that the sanity of the Indian masses improves in the future; and that they get out of this silly sentiments of electing a party just because it has been ruling us for a long time. My dad's history book read "India is a developing country" and mine did too; but even if my son's book doesn't read "India is a super power"; let it not read "India is an underdeveloped, poor nation in the clutches of hunger". May God bless Indians and save the country from this destructive path. Jai Hind!

P.S: The ONLY thing I like about this election result is that the commies have got a nasty blow; and they've been castrated this time. At least one news to be happy about. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Maapi, honestly you shouldn't be venting your political views on you blog. I am pretty neutral and always feel that this govt or some other govt only harm India. It is the industries and working class that is taking India to where you are expecting India to be. All politicians are corrupt, and it makes it difficult for me to believe that some other government will make a difference to India. Still I vote, and have my own choices

Having said that, even if I agree with you(which I am not saying I do or dont for that matter), we should still be respecting the choice of millions of other voters. I was just coming at this ... you have kind of demeaned other voters. If I can call a spade a spade, I did not like this post maaapi. For once of all that I have read of yours!

Smiles,
Vinayak

Agni said...

First, thanks for the honest feedback maappi...

Second, this is not an expression of my political views. I'm not campaigning for any party though I honestly am a supporter of BJP. But if you look at my post carefully, never did I mention that people should vote for BJP or demand it from them. But the fact that they chose such a lame Government to rule the country for the next 5 years is something I couldn't digest. I mean, you or me or anyone with the least bit of sanity will know that Congress has harmed the country enough.

Vote for any party. Choose whoever you want to choose. But all I'm asking is for a wee bit of sanity in that choice. Is that too much to ask for?

Same with the Mumbaikers. Have u seen the forwards that ran back and forth after the blasts? They spoke as if India is the most insecure place on the face of earth. But what did they do to change it? Go to Goa for a picnic on the election day?

Third is the way the whole thing was conducted. Rigging, booth capturing, money flow, bribery, you name it; everything was at its best during these elections.

Bottom line: I respect other's decision; but not if it is absolutely baseless, particularly if fair elections are not conducted and talkers don't do anything to really make a difference.

ஸ்ரீனிவாசன் said...

i agree with Ram....

Also , at this point of time, all we need is a stable government...in that sense, i welcome this !!!!

Raj said...

Nice blog, all in one.
Work from home