Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Flag Day :)

It's been a year since I came to Tampa and days as usual have flown off like a Ferrari driven by Schumacher in the last lap of a F1 race. Looking back, this year has been different in a lot of ways.

On the career front, I'd say 2006 (or at least the first 8 or 9 months of the year) was much more active and I was an ambitious guy back then, trying to get my promotions and rewards to add color to my resume. Movies were the primary time-pass and I hardly did anything outside work and watching movies.

2007 on the other hand began with a promotion but as time progressed and as I got more used to the idiosyncrasies of the industry, work became more and more monotonous and hence irritating. After all possible pondering, I landed up in the US for the second time and this time it wasn't a short two months trip.

Life at US has been good for the most part and it gave me some virtues that I couldn't have acquired back in India. I sported a lot, traveled a lot, met some interesting personalities and learned how to handle them. With a lot of friends, India-like weather, a car and a laptop I'd say I'm comfortably settled at Tampa but good things don't last long and pretty soon I'd be moving out of this place with new hopes, aspirations and expectations. After all this endless travel is something that defines our lives and the route we travel is what differentiates us. Isn't it?

1 comment:

ஸ்ரீனிவாசன் said...

The travel always opens new doors, u gain experience and you'll have a definite impact on ur character. hope u enjoy ur new journey and also gain better things in life !!!!

btw, coming back to India or moving to someother place in US ?