Friday, June 6, 2008

A clash of the ti(gh)tans - TR vs Sam Anderson

When I looked back into my posts over the past few weeks, I observed something quite surprising. It's been quite a while since I attempted to be hilarious! Solitude and soliloquy had their toll and many of my posts were on philosophy, universe and high funda crap. :) So I thought why not compare 'Agila ulaga naayagan' (Universal hero) Sam Anderson and Karadi kong a.k.a. T.R a.k.a T. Rajendar who have been competing hard for the best 'serious-comedian' award through their diligent efforts... :) I haven't spoken much on T.R before but if you would like to know about Sam Anderson, you can read my previous post on him here.

Sam Anderson definitely took the lead when the movie 'Yaarukku yaarao' was released (see some niche clips below).







But karadi kong wasn't ready to give up. If Sam Anderson did it on screen, TR proved his abilities in real life. A few videos that I saw quite recently simply blew me off...

Video 1 - The emotion:

Karadi kong's reaction when a press reporter asked "why don't people gather in large numbers to hear you speaking (as opposed to someone else who could)?"



Somehow karadi kong doesn't realize that the question asked by the reporter is completely sane... :)

Video 2 - The optimism:



What could I say about this guy's optimism? A gang of thousand students is laughing at him but he still takes credit of being popular...

Video 3 - The majesty:



I'm dumbfounded and I feel as if I'm blogging in a strange language.

Video 4 - The artist:



If it took confidence for Sam Anderson to show up on the screen, it takes heaps and heaps of that confidence to talk like a combination of Beethoven and Michael Jackson (no no I didn't mean a blind guy with an operated nose)...

Video 5 - TR The Tiger



Could you snap your finger and talk over the phone? Don't say yes instantly... Re-think... Because Kong himself says he is the only person who can do it... Or perhaps he is the only evolving ape that can do it :)

Video 6 - TR the '9' sorry the person with 9 different expressions...



I feel that the Indian government did a great injustice by not awarding the 'best actor' (Of course, Other category) award to him.

Video 7 - How I feel after seeing all these videos



Coming back to the point, you know who wins the race to the 'mega mokkaiyyan' memorial cup in the end? It's obviously not Sam Anderson and surprisingly it's not TR too... It's the so called party member in Video 1 (drungan monkey) who kept clapping for all the emotional dialogs of Karadi kong... :))

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey ... you have taken such a pain to compile all this stuff; but is only hilarious!
TR's reaction on the press reporter's question was ultimate ... ROTFL

Smiles,
Vinayak

Agni said...

Enna pannradhu maapla... Enna sonnaalum evidence oda sollanum la! :))

ஸ்ரீனிவாசன் said...

maapla, sema compilation da...mudiyala !!!!!

கவிதா | Kavitha said...

Really u got more time patience to do this post.. nice..

i tell you the reason of my words "great to see your blog"

//many of my posts were on philosophy, universe and high funda crap. :)//

The philosophy content of your post made me to read it...

Lakshminarayanan S said...

yaara yaaroda compare panra machi...TRkku therinjaa boogambam vedikkum...reaction paathalla...

TR pazham thinnu kotta potta karadi...avara poi eppdi nee nethu penja mazhaiyila molacha kaalaan Sam Andersonoda compare pannalaam?

TR - the unsurmountable serious comedian of Tamil cinema, forever...

Agni said...

@Kavitha
I do write a lot of philosophical posts and it's one of my areas of interest too... But the other balancing portion of me a.k.a humor had not stepped in for a long time. That's why I put in this one... :) Hope it wasn't bad!

@SLN
Maapla TR periyaalu dhaan... Aaanaa Sam Anderson a kaalaan nu sollaadha da... He has all the potential it takes to become the next TR :)

Anonymous said...

Finally u proved urself to be normal....with all those philosophical stuff in your blog...i thought u were going "NUTS"!!!

Ramaa Iyer said...

Rotfl..trust you to come up with something like this Yogs :D