Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Office bags...

A bag that is carried to school is termed a school bag and extending the logic to a bag that is carried to the office we can or I prefer to call it an 'office bag'. Weirdly enough that is the topic of my post today...

I've been working for about 4 years now and I haven't felt the need for carrying a bag to work! So quite often, I wonder what would be there inside the bag! Especially after coming to US and seeing people carrying (or should I say dragging) huge strollers in the name of bags, the concept makes me all the more curious...

In a way I could justify (some) girls/ladies carrying bags... You know... the accessories, mirrors, cosmetics, napkins and what not... That amount of inventory definitely deserves a bag! Over here I've even seen ladies who carry 3 bags and have no place for their sun glasses, cell phone and keys!!! Even better, the runner at their places havefood items, energy drinks and accessories that are good enough to serve everyone in office at a stretch!

But when I see a guy with a stroller, I couldn't even find out a way to explain that... May be he carries 3 pattapatti dowsers (shorts in Indian or rather Tamilian style), 2 shirts, a t-shirt and a pant?! Quite tricky to explain and this often makes me chuckle at the site of these guys!

Whether they really carry something in their bags or not, it's a real fun to watch these folks and perhaps that's the purpose I could see in the meticulous packing that these people do everyday before starting to office.

2 comments:

Rams said...

i always carry a bag... in india it used to be a small one to hold my cell fone, wallet, a few miscellaneous papers... Inge all the above + gloves, kulla, thermal pants (I walk between office and home and when cold i use these)...

Agni said...

Super maapla! I never knew u were in the list...