Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Rain

Nature has never failed to impress me and to me rain is one of the best shows put up by Mother Nature. Whether you call it Varuna (the Hindu God for rains) or droplets formed by condensation of water vapors, the beauty of rain remains unchanged.

With the scent of wet soil, the assembly of clouds that look like huge masses of sponge sprayed all over the sky to hide the stars, the humid air that brazes the nostrils, the sweet memories brought in from nowhere indicating the arrival of their deity; my mind gets so light every time it's about to rain, ready to welcome nature's masterpiece.

The beauty about rain is the choices that it offers you to admire its beauty! Quite narcissistic I'd say but still none of those options could be turned down. If you are alone, just sitting at the edge of your balcony just where the rain drops can't reach you and staring at the rain, listening to the thousands and thousands of gentle claps would take you to your own world of thoughts, dreams and sweet nothings (or may be it's just me :)). If you are with your family, nothing can beat some hot (in taste and temperature) snacks, the chill wind, hot drinks and a game of cards. If you are with your friends, you can either get drenched in the rain & play football/cricket and have a cup of Cornetto ice cream or just talk on all topics under the sun sitting in a room with all the windows open. The bond between rain and romance is a separate topic in itself and more than anything else, the way one views romance is private and subjective. So I defer the discussion here.

To make long things short, if I'd told that I've not fallen in love, it's not a completely true statement because I've been in love with rain ever since I had an analytical mind.

No comments: