Wednesday, November 5, 2008

100 :)

Whether it's cricket or blog posts, hitting century is always an enjoyable experience. That way, I'm really excited to post the 100th entry in my blog; and though it took a bit longer than I expected, it still has been a good journey.

A few years back perhaps in 2004-2005, I used to question the purpose of blogging. I mean who would write down something and post it on the internet just so that someone might come and read it; and more than that why would someone want to let out his thoughts in an open channel with no benefits? Even today I have no answer to these questions but I've been doing that for almost a year now. In a way blogs, journals and diaries are like silent companions... They accept whatever you say and don't speak back to you. To counteract the silence, our mind starts speaking on their behalf. It has been an interesting experience so far and just when the artificial pace of life kept me from being as close to my friends as I used to be; this blog came in as an outlet through which I express the world I see, without any thoughts about the person who is listening to it, without any customizations, without any specifications. A free flowing waterfall that doesn't care about the objects it might hit; and all it knows is the course to the ocean. I really enjoy being so... :)

4 comments:

ஸ்ரீனிவாசன் said...

Congrats maapla !!!!

ippo i m gonna take an inderview:

1) Which is ur most favourite post ?
2) Which is ur most controversial post ?
3) Which post got maximum comments ?
4) What do u think u have achieved ?

he he he he...one pinal kostin maapla...

5) give two line descrition abt ur fellow bloggers those u follow.


PS: mavane , 5th kostin ku en blog pathi eludala...dariyal aaiduva :)

Agni said...

Inderview... :) Let me try my best... :D

1) Hard to say... But I liked the Sam Anderson post a lot... Partly because of the way I wrote it and mainly because of the number of hits it's getting everyday.

2) Most controversial I'd say is the one where we fought each other (LHC):)... But if u look at the number of persons involved in the contradiction as the prime factor it'd be Dasavatharam stuff.

3) Dasavatharam and chaos theory... 18 comments :)

4) A good companion. :)

5) Hmm... Sollittaa paocchu...
Srini - More incidents driven. Resembles a diary to a great extent. Nevertheless an interesting read and one of the very frequently updated blogs.
Rams - Spontaneous. You can't classify his postings into any one category but you know for sure what occupies his mind on any given day.
Vinayak - A responsible blog. He focuses on talking about things to be changed and things that he wants to see...
SLN - Now that he's mixed up commercial blogging, it's a bit hard to follow regularly. In general, a conservative and orthodox viewpoint to the world.
Ramaa - She blogs once in a blue moon when she feels like writing something and like Rams it's like a spontaneous flow. You know for sure that she didn't reword her post.
Lakshmi - It's a wonderful collection of Tamizh poems and the way she combines it with images makes it all the more lively. But again she doesn't update it very often.

Hope I answered ur questions to a decent extent :D

ஸ்ரீனிவாசன் said...

Answered in ur ISHTYLE :)

hope this journey of urs continue and u reach ur 1000th post in another 2 yrs....

Agni said...

Thanks a lot! :) Will try...