Saturday, November 22, 2008

My OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)

Another 'About Me' post! This time it's about my OCD. It's not bad enough for you to say "Hey! Dont orry ya why are you cryiing?" in Vadivelu style or to visualize Jack Nicholson in "As Good as it gets". Perhaps it might be an exaggeration to even call it OCD, but nevertheless, this quality of mine is defintely worth mentioning.





I should say I have this tendency to get 'institutionalized' quite easily. From my food orders in restaurants till the wash basin I choose to wash my face in a restroom, there is always some level of predictability and pattern. The best of the lot is my choice of songs... If I land up in a song that is personally special to me, I keep repeating it in an infinite loop until I feel sleepy or the system heats up drastically! :) The latest in the list is "Uravugal thodarkadhai" from the movie "Aval appaditthaan" and interestingly I was lured to this all time favorite when I saw Vaaranam Aayiram... The film opens with this song and ever since then it has been repeated in my playlist and I believe that the count should've easily crossed 100 now. Same holds good with my fav movies too. Mozhi or Troy are the classic examples and I could narrate almost all dialogs in both these movies by-heart! :D I don't even complain about taking the same food everyday as long as I personally like the dish... Curd rice and pickles could do just fine with me for infinite days in a row! :) The final part and the weirdest of the lot is that I can stay alone in a 10X10 room all by myself without any human company... :) Food on time, a window to speculate and get lost in thoughts, a computer to browse the net and basic necessities... That's it. I'm all set!



I leave it upto you guys to call it OCD or not... But it's quite weird of me, don't you agree? :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Not quite weird mate ... should say, just the wierdness in almost everybody ...!!

Smiles,
Vinayak

ஸ்ரீனிவாசன் said...

get into a project first !!!!

Agni said...

Kaevalappadutthittaanya! :D

PolarBear8 said...

I have severe OCD, and you do have some of the symptoms of OCD, most specifically the patterning and feeling of contentment so long as everything is orderly. You wouldn't believe how many times I had to stop myself from retyping certain sentences in this post so long as they did not end up on a "bad" number. That is severe OCD. If you're still happy, then you're not severe.

Agni said...

Mine isn't as bad! Just that my likes and the sense of caution seems to be very high when compared to others!